Thursday 31 May 2012

A-Pink’s Hong Yoo Kyung didn’t know her father was a wealthy man


A-Pink’s member Hong Yookyung revealed that she did not know her father was a wealthy man until she read the news articles. She said, “I only knew the company name.”
A few weeks ago, it was revealed that Hong Yookyung was a daughter of a wealthy man and this became a hot topic. Because of this, she received the nickname of “Umchinddal (Perfect daughter)” and confessed that she was actually burdened about the nickname.
Hong Yookyung said, “I never told anyone about this, but one day I saw my name on the most searched topics and I was really surprised. After reading the article, I quickly called my agency and even the mangers didn’t know about this situation.”
Hong Yookyung’s father is a representative of DSR Steel manufacturing company. The company has risen to the top according to sales through the end of 2010 and surpassed the mid-sized companies. It was revealed that there was personal stock that was held for Hong Yookyung, and many were jealous of this fact. At the same time, Hong Yookyung had to endure the dispute and rumor about her becoming a celebrity under the power of her father’s wealth.
Hong Yookyung confessed, “My family, members of the company, and even the stocks became a topic in the articles. Really, I only knew the name of my father’s company and did not know about the rest. Even worse was that if my name was searched, my father and my family’s name would pop up and I was so upset by this.”
She continued, “In honesty, if this issue happened as a celebrity, there would be no good reviews on it. Many hate messages will be written and I was hurt thinking that people might see me as a person interested in money rather than being a singer.”
Currently a high school student, Hong Yookyung was into dance as a young child. During her study years abroad in America, she was a cheerleader. She was even discovered to become an A-Pink member at a dance academy.
Hong Yookyung concluded, “On the other hand, I was thankful that (this situation) helped A-Pink to become known. However, it is true that I feel burdened. I hope people won’t always see me as ‘Um Chin Ah’ (Perfect Child).”
Hong Yookyung is currently actively promoting with A-Pink with their title track “HUSH.” A-Pink’s full album was released on May 9th.

Source: Star News via koreaboo

No comments:

Post a Comment